Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow Fun

Over the weekend, we had a little visit from "Old Man Winter!" Paul and I had our first snow in Norfolk. So, Friday night after I picked the guys up from school, we went to our usual hang out, Red Dog Saloon. The guys like to go there and unwind on Friday's after school and I pick them up on Friday's, so I get to go with them. After Red Dog, we came home and relaxed for a little while and went to dinner with Kenny and Jenny. Then, we came home and prepared for the snow!We prepared for the snow by going to Harris Teeter just to get the essentials, you know milk and eggs. All night Friday night I kept waking up to see if it was snowing (because I was so excited), but since we live in a high-rise building it was hard to tell and the street lights are at our level so I couldn't look in the light to see if anything was coming down. When we woke up Saturday morning there was snow all over the place and it was still coming down. Of course Paul and I had to get dressed in our warmest clothes and go for a walk.

We walked to Starbucks for breakfast (which is only 2 blocks from here) and then we walked back to Harris Teeter (which is 2 blocks over from our apartment and then about 4 blocks on another street) and then back to the apartment. We had a nice walk and we stayed warm. We went back to Harris Teeter so we could get stuff to make a big pot of chili. So when we came back I started on the chili and Paul met Kenny and his 2 sons in the park across from the apartment so they could play in the snow. After they played, they came over and Paul and I introduced them to a 'southern treat' SNOWCREAM! They had never heard of it so of course I made it and they seemed to enjoy it, now they have something southern to take with them back to Utah when they go home!
This is the park across from us, Paul took this picture on the top level of our apartment.


This is K and B taking time out from playing in the snow for a picure!!



The weatherman is calling for more snow up here this weekend, but I have to make it home to pick some stuff up. So, I'm leaving Wednesday morning to get what I need and attempt to make it back before the weather gets bad again!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment